Sunday, May 25, 2008

How may yous can you be?

Have you ever thought about how the people in your world and circles view you?  I was recently thinking about this.  So many of my friends only know one side of my personality.   There are so few people I know or associate with that see me for all that I am.   Some wouldn't accept all that I am.   Why is this?   Why are we all so judgmental of one another?  Why do differences in beliefs, lifestyles, and values really bother us so much?  Is it because we think we are threatened by others differences?  Wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same?  I know so many questions and I really have no true answers.  I could lie and say, from this day forward that I will always just be myself and fuck those that can't accept it.   But I know I won't.   I'll continue to bite my tongue in so many ways.   And the friends that can't accept everything about me, the friends that are so gay a phobic that think its horrible that I would go to pride.   Or the friends that would be horrified to learn that I don't believe in God, or the friends that know and think its a phase I'm just going through.   I won't confess all my differences from my friends here, because as I pointed out, its amazing how judgmental your friends could be.   Just think on this though, do you really know your friends, are you so set in your beliefs that they are afraid to be who they are with you?  And if this is so, are you really friends?

No comments: