Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Here I am, crazy in Suburbia

I live smack dab in the middle of middle class America suburbia, and I can't decide if that is a good thing or not. There are so many "politics" living with kids in a neighborhood like mine. Anyway, I'm 37 years old, although I did recently testify under oath to being 29. See what lying about your age gets ya. I have been married for almost 20 years, I have 2 daughters age 16 and 8, a dog, 3 gerbils and tank of salt water fish. I'm not currently working, but really want to be, but apparently staying at home with your children for 7 years is a really bad career move. Go figure. I do alot of reading, it helps keep me sane, not really, but at least there are no meds involved yet. I'm starting this blog in part as a way for my 16 year old to keep up with home life while she is away next year. She recently got a scholarship to study in Germany for her 11th grade school year. She is very excited, I'm excited for her, but know she will be so different when she comes home, so I'm a bit sad at the same time. But hey, lets face it, all hope is not loss, I will still have the eight year at home, and a few more years to screw her up before she starts making roaming noises.

No comments: